- Compact and lightweight - a perfect Dobsonian reflector telescope for traveling or easy trips to the backyard at home
- 4.5" aperture and 900mm focal length provide clear views of lunar craters and plains on the Moon, planets, bright nebulas and galaxies
- Sturdy and portable Dobsonian base and handy navigation knob allow for effortless maneuvering of the reflector optical tube
- Collects a whopping 260% more light than a typical beginner-level 60mm refractor telescope - which means hundreds more objects will be visible through the Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian
- Includes two eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal length Sirius Plossl), 6x30 finder scope, 1.25" rack and pinion focuser, collimation cap, eyepiece rack, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Without spending a fortune you can get a telescope that will not only satisfy the kids, but the kid in you! Our SkyQuest XT4.5 is a quality telescope, with point-and-view simplicity that makes it easy to use and makes stargazing fun! The optical performance is far and away better than flimsy department store models. Its 4.5" (114mm) mirror, housed in an enameled steel tube, gathers 260% more starlight than a 60mm refractor. More light means you can see a lot more celestial objects in greater detail. In a review of low-cost beginner telescopes, Sky and Telescope (12/05) proclaimed the XT4.5 "The best of the bunch - a solid combination of optics and mechanics." Try it and see for yourself!