- A great first telescope for kids and families to test the waters of stargazing at an affordable price
- Fun Scope lets you see craters on the Moon, bright planets in our solar system, and brighter sparkling star clusters and nebulas
- Includes the Orion Moon Map 260 which makes it fun and easy to find the names of the craters and lunar features you see in the Fun Scope telescope
- Fun Scope's 76mm-diameter optics collect 60 percent more light than typical 60mm beginner telescopes and comes with a host of useful accessories
- The portable Fun Scope weighs only 4 lbs. so it's easy for kids to take camping, on field trips, or for quick nighttime adventures out in the backyard
A fun telescope indeed. Beginning astronomers will enjoy hours of stellar exploration with this amazing little tabletop reflector telescope. Designed specifically with first-time telescope buyers and their families in mind, the FunScope is a great way to "test the waters" of stargazing - affordably. The FunScope is a great first telescope for beginners and young adults who show an interest in space and astronomy. FunScope is a real reflecting telescope with a 76mm (3") diameter polished spherical mirror which allows you to capture 60-percent more light than a typical 60mm beginner's telescope. More light gathered means the FunScope will provide views of the cosmos that are brighter and clearer than views in smaller diameter telescopes. Unlike many beginner-level telescopes you might find at department stores, the FunScope comes equipped with a host of useful accessories and features so you can start having stargazing fun right away. You get two Kellner eyepieces with the FunScope: a 20mm eyepiece that provides a 15x view, and a 6mm eyepiece that gives a more powerful, 50x view. The included 2x Barlow lens doubles the power of any eyepiece it's used with. Included red dot finder scope makes it easy to aim the FunScope at things in the sky. Use the included MoonMap 260 to learn the names of craters and other Moon features you see with the FunScope. With the FunScope, the whole family can see craters, valleys, and mountains on the Moon in exquisite detail. The FunScope telescope's 76mm aperture, or diameter, can also obtain good views of bright planets such as Jupiter and Saturn. The FunScope's tabletop mount arrives pre-assembled in the box so you don't have to worry about assembly. The tabletop base provides a sturdy and compact foundation for the telescope with smooth motion in altitude (up and down) and azimuth (left and right) axes. Weighing just 3 lbs. 11 ounces., the ultra-portable FunScope TableTop Reflector Telescope can go with you just about anywhere.