- 203mm (8") aperture and 1200mm focal length Dobsonian reflector telescope allows you to reach deep into space for jaw-dropping images of the Moon, planets, and deep space objects too
- Big-aperture Dobsonian telescope optics + point-and-view ease of use = out-of-this-world value
- Included Orion 2x Shorty Barlow Lens doubles the magnification of virtually any 1.25" eyepiece, adding magnification options to your telescope
- The included Beginning Stargazers Toolkit provides plentiful reference material for nighttime observing and a handy red LED light to see them with
- An amazing value compared to purchasing each item separately
The Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian Telescope combines powerful optics with the ultimate in mechanical simplicity and stability. It features a precision 8-inch (203mm) parabolic primary mirror, center-marked at the factory for precise collimation and mounted in a cast-aluminum support cell that provides maximum ventilation. The mirror pulls in 73% more light than a 6-inch, enough to tease out dust lanes in nebulas, resolve the cores of prominent globular clusters, and reveal subtle structure in elusive galaxies. The 46-inch-long enameled steel tube glides on its sturdy Dobsonian telescope base. A gentle push or pull on the navigation knob puts you right in the observing pocket. The SkyQuest XT8 Classic features a 2-inch Crayford style focuser that accepts both 1.25-inch and 2-inch accessories. Speaking of accessoires, the XT8 comes with a host of great ones. You get a Sirius Plossl 25mm telescope eyepiece (48x), an EZ Finder II reflex sight, an Orion quick-collimation cap, and a snap-on dust cover. For the intrepid beginner to the veteran skygazer, the SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian Telescope lives up to its billing by Astronomy magazine as a work of art. The SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian Telescope Kit comes with extra accessories at a great value! The popular Shorty 2x Barlow doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece for a power boost. The included Orion MoonMap 260 is a useful reference map of the Moon's surface that will help the whole family learn the names and locations of more than 260 craters, mountains, valleys, "seas" and other interesting lunar features you can explore with your telescope. The detailed Orion Telescope Observer's Guide book highlights over 60 celestial objects to observe in a telescope. Use the included Star Target planisphere to plan your observing sessions year-round! The RedBeam Mini LED light provides dark-friendly red light when you need it under starry skies.